Stories and Tips About Running From A Not-So-Skinny Guy

Stories and Tips About Running
From A Not-So-Skinny Guy

Monday, June 6, 2011

Dailymile

I recently joined an online website runners can use to track their miles, speeds, etc. I quickly found out that this website, Dailymile (DM), was actually more of a social network than a tracking database.
I was first introduced to DM through reading about it on other bloggers’ sites. When I first heard of it, I was apprehensive to sign up, due to the fact that I’m not really much of a runner, and didn’t want to be the guy who didn’t belong. I don’t actually recall exactly why I decided to go ahead and create an account, but I’m very glad I did. It has served not just as a visual reminder of how much I’ve run, and how much more I ought to run, but has served as an external reminder. Several of my Dailymile “friends” sent me posts and “motivations” to get me going. I’ve met a lot of nice people on the site, and have received quite a few insights and laughs.
Not to mention, that after I began acquiring friends, on DM, my blog followers grew exponentially (you’re not the only one reading anymore honey, so you can stop pretending that you were in the first place). One in particular, Jillian, convinced me to not give up on my blog posts (which was becoming a possibility), so thank you very much for letting me think what I have to say is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment